Easify Forums

Forums -> Technical Support

need to work on program at home aswell as work

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Posted by tommytowbar

need to work on program at home aswell as work

Hi All

Just setting up the system and not sure the best way to do it

we need it at work but i also need to work on the system at home and not sure the best way to do this

Andy

Posted by John

Re: need to work on program at home aswell as work

Hi tommytowbar,

There are various ways of achieving this.

The preferred method would be to setup a VPN connection between your home and work networks. This would require some setting up and would involve either a full Microsoft Server setup or two routers that support VPN gateways. There is some third party software that can also setup a VPN.

The other method would be to use a RDP / VNC (remote desktop) programme that would allow you to take control of your work computer from home.

Happy to help - John (Easify Support)

Like our facebook page and always get the latest updates!

Posted by KLK

John said:

Hi tommytowbar,

There are various ways of achieving this.

The preferred method would be to setup a VPN connection between your home and work networks. This would require some setting up and would involve either a full Microsoft Server setup or two routers that support VPN gateways. There is some third party software that can also setup a VPN.

The other method would be to use a RDP / VNC (remote desktop) programme that would allow you to take control of your work computer from home.

This is easy, just install teamviewer on main PC/Server at work in VPN mode and connect to it from home again using team viewer in VPN mode. Once connected just open Easify as normal on the laptop/PC.

Hope this helps, KLK.

Posted by tommytowbar

Hi All

i have used teamviewer but cannot get a vpn but can remote control the computer is there any more other users have used.

Can we edit where the database (link information) if i need to change it

Andy

Posted by Richard

There are quite a few remote desktop apps out there such as LogMeIn, Goto PC, ISL Light and Crossloop. or if you have a professional version of Windows you can remote desktop straight to your PC if you have the RDP firewall ports open.

It is possible to change the location of the Easify database if you need to do this let us know and we can talk you through it.

Regards - Richard (Easify Developer)

Posted by tommytowbar

Hi All

I can remote to the computer that works ok but can i connect to the computer at work and connect to it using my copy on the laptop or not

Andy

Posted by Richard

If you want to run the Easify client on a computer at home and have it connect to the database on a computer at work, you will need to have a VPN established.

Easify will work fine over a VPN (though it will only be as quick as the upload speed of the internet connection at work.).

Posted by tommytowbar

Hi All

Has anybody made it work using teamviewer Via VPN or what software do you use

Andy

Posted by Richard

Hi Andy, we're not familiar with TeamViewer VPN so we can't help you on that one. Hopefully though someone else can chip in here and offer you some advice on it?

Alternatively you should be able to setup a VPN connection directly to your router at work if it supports it. What make and model of router do you have at work?

Posted by KLK

tommytowbar said:

Hi All

Has anybody made it work using teamviewer Via VPN or what software do you use

Andy

Hi Andy

As my previous post, I use Teamviewer to connect to my work PC/Server where the Easify database is stored. Just configure Teamviewer correctly as a VPN connection, there is a checkbox to allow this, make sure that Teamviewer is running on this permanently. On the home PC/Laptop open Teamviewer, again make sure the VPN checkbox is ticked. Once you are logged on just minimize Teamviewer and open Easify as normal. Works great all the time.

Hope this helps, KLK.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Easify Website V 4.35    © 2024 Easify Ltd ® All rights reserved.     Privacy Policy